Latest posts by Dr. Maria Wynens, Au.D. (see all)
- Staying Independent As You Age Involves Treating Your Hearing Loss - December 2, 2019
- Acknowledging the Realities of Hearing Loss - November 20, 2019
- A Healthy Diet May Support Better Hearing - November 20, 2019
I am very happy to introduce the Lyric, 100% invisible hearing aid to our product line-up.
About Lyric Hearing
Lyric® is the first and only extended wear hearing device that is 100% invisible. Lyric is comfortably placed in the ear canal by a Lyric trained hearing professional and can be worn 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for months at a time.* No surgery or anesthesia is required. Unlike many other hearing aids, Lyric is positioned completely inside the ear canal, so it uses your ear’s natural anatomy to provide exceptional sound quality and alleviate hearing problems. Lyric lets you hear better and live life to the fullest!
How Lyric Works – No Battery Changes
Lyric® is comfortably placed in the ear canal by a Lyric trained hearing professional during a routine office visit. No surgery or anesthesia is required.
Once placed, Lyric is 100% invisible, allowing you to enjoy all the benefits of better hearing without anyone knowing you’re wearing a hearing aid. You can use Lyric for months at a time*, there are no batteries to replace and no repairs to make. Just visit your hearing professional’s office as needed* to receive new devices with the latest Lyric technology.
Lyric is sold on a subscription basis, meaning you will purchase a year’s worth of Lyric devices at a time. You will be guaranteed to have the most advanced Lyric hearing technology currently available, since you will be receiving new devices at each follow-up office visit.
Uniquely designed and placed, Lyric works with your ear’s anatomy to deliver exceptional sound quality. Lyric uses your outer ear to naturally direct sound into your ear canal without the need for multiple settings or complicated programs.
Lyric will be programmed for your specific hearing needs. You will be able to adjust the settings and volume on your device as needed, as well as turn the device on and off.
Developed by ENT physicians and audiologists, Lyric was built around three key concepts that hearing professionals have known for years:
◦ Sound quality improves with proximity to the eardrum
◦ Many people with hearing loss are dissatisfied with their hearing aid options
◦ Consumers desire a hassle-free, invisible solution
Lyric Technology features:
◦ Biocompatible soft foam seals engineered to contour to the ear canal; safe to wear 24/7, months at a time*
◦ Proprietary mechanical and coating technology developed to protect the device from moisture and earwax
◦ A proprietary battery designed to last up to 120 days eliminating the need to change and buy hearing aid batteries
A programmable sound processing system designed to work millimeters from the eardrum, allowing for both microphone and receiver placement in the ear canal.